Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

1. SolMerse liked nosticker's post in the thread The Beatles 'Let It Be' re-release, begins streaming on Disney+, May 8, 2024*.

Both of us were fooled by MLH: "Interestingly, when Lenny would cut to one of Parrott's street interviews, in the final dub, we hear a reverberated version of the song he has just cut away from, above, behind the interviewee. In reality, though,...

May 8, 2024 at 11:13 PM
  2. SolMerse liked debonbon's post in the thread The Beatles 'Let It Be' re-release, begins streaming on Disney+, May 8, 2024*.

This is my takeaway too. Let It Be can’t even be called a documentary really, it tells you nothing of what is happening and is just a band running through some songs with snippets of dialogue with zero context.

May 8, 2024 at 11:12 PM
  3. SolMerse liked Sipuncula's post in the thread The Beatles 'Let It Be' re-release, begins streaming on Disney+, May 8, 2024*.

I'm watching it now (and posting here) instead of catching up on work and just want to add my take that Let It Be is worth it just for the complete live studio takes of Two Of Us, Let It Be, and Long and Winding Road. It looks and sounds great....

May 8, 2024 at 11:11 PM
  4. SolMerse liked soniclovenoize's post in the thread The Beatles 'Let It Be' re-release, begins streaming on Disney+, May 8, 2024*.

This is actually super interesting, and I was really aware of this while watching. In a sense that, PJ Put a lot of effort into adding context to the whole thing, stuff I already knew but I'm sure were meant for casual Beatlesfans. So in...

May 8, 2024 at 11:10 PM
  5. SolMerse liked Sipuncula's post in the thread The Beatles 'Let It Be' re-release, begins streaming on Disney+, May 8, 2024*.

I wish my kid would want to watch this. TV-MA? Bring it on. He's got a drum kit which is collecting dust. He's a teenager already so my dreams are crushed anyway. I'll just play by myself. :) (not necessarily a reply to your overall message,...

May 8, 2024 at 11:09 PM
  6. SolMerse liked Paul P.'s post in the thread The Beatles 'Let It Be' re-release, begins streaming on Disney+, May 8, 2024*.

It's at the top of my Disney+ apps on my devices and the web. First item in the upper spinner - big! [IMG] I'm thinking it's that TV-MA block that's hiding it from folks. Cheers, Paul

May 8, 2024 at 11:09 PM
  7. latheofheaven liked liquifury's post in the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

One other item to note. One reviewer on Discogs states: "Pleasantly surprised by the sound on this newly released CD box set, direct from the record label. It is a huge step up from the previous RATT compilation CD's released over the past many...

May 8, 2024 at 9:36 PM
  8. latheofheaven replied to the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Well, following you would be a definite upgrade to whomever concerned...

May 8, 2024 at 9:36 PM
  9. latheofheaven liked SJP's post in the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

I shagged it as well and having done so immediately after the deal was posted, I am confident you are getting sloppy seconds! :)

May 8, 2024 at 9:34 PM
  10. latheofheaven liked Ex-Oligarch's post in the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

Per discogs, "The Atlantic Years" has digipaks (but no booklets), whereas "OAS" has "mini-LP" card sleeves. This seems to be part of a trend where the major labels are reissuing the same content of budget line boxes in a new cover at a much...

May 8, 2024 at 9:34 PM
  11. latheofheaven liked Tjazz's post in the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

There was an Original Album Series (5-CD). Any difference? [IMG]

May 8, 2024 at 9:33 PM
  12. latheofheaven liked Joe Bip's post in the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

Worth noting that the 2CD release of Eccentric Soul: Tragar & Note contains 50 tracks compared to the 2LP set's 34. Conversely, with another entry in the series, for the Forte Label, the 2LP version has 28 tracks, and the CD stops at 21 tracks...

May 8, 2024 at 4:38 PM
  13. latheofheaven liked neubian's post in the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

I used to love this band. Didn't know a live set was available. Great list of songs. Everclear - Live At The Whisky A Go Go (COKE BOTTLE Limited Edition) $24.30 [IMG] [Edit: found the video] [MEDIA]

14. latheofheaven liked hutlock's post in the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

Yeah I held off on this before because I have the CD release from a few years back. Great set, great price!

15. latheofheaven liked Black Elk's post in the thread Good Deals on amazon.com (part3).

That bunch of lightweights! :laugh:

molar-endocrine