Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

1. thematinggame replied to the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

which usually means the artist is pretty good,:D in Cocker's case I'd say all his albums from 1969 to mid /late 70's are worth listening and benefit from a great choice of material from Randy Newman to Jackson Browne ,Dylan, Cohen ,Leon Russell,...

May 9, 2024 at 2:01 PM
  2. JimW replied to the thread Jimi Hendrix - Live In Maui 1970 - New official release (20th November 2020).

Different drugs, different effects. The Grateful Dead did LSD often and played well- but once Jerry started H, his music and therefore the band's suffered greatly.

May 9, 2024 at 1:41 PM
  3. Tim 2 liked tootull's post in the thread New gear on the way?.

More colour added. [IMG] [IMG] Look at these meters !!!

May 9, 2024 at 10:37 AM
  4. Tim 2 liked Otlset's post in the thread New gear on the way?.

Some tubes like these. [IMG] Oh yeah, and an LTA Velo preamp!

May 9, 2024 at 10:37 AM
  5. Brettlowden liked screechmartin's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

They were seen as a novelty act in the 1960's as well, albeit one with 5 or 6 killer songs.

May 9, 2024 at 7:09 AM
  6. Brettlowden liked Jorje Chica's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

That was my reaction. :unhunh:

May 9, 2024 at 7:07 AM
  7. Brettlowden liked bluesky's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

Mountain? Haven't heard the name in quite a long time. I love Mountain ~ Rock and Roll!!

May 9, 2024 at 7:05 AM
  8. Brettlowden liked mbd40's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

You should keep going until actually naming someone who's been largely forgotten.

May 9, 2024 at 7:03 AM
  9. Brettlowden liked shnaggletooth's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

Before the Beatles changed everything, the Kingston Trio was the big influence.

May 9, 2024 at 7:01 AM
  10. Brettlowden liked arthurprecarious's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

Hardly forgotten in the UK though. Paul & Jacquie do a sell out your every year. Jethro Tull forgotten? They just did a sell out on my city! I don’t think so!

May 9, 2024 at 6:56 AM
  11. Brettlowden liked Sear's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

It's a shame. Cricklewood Green is one of the great psychedelic rock albums

May 9, 2024 at 6:54 AM
  12. Brettlowden liked granola's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

The Kingston Trio The Kingston Trio was one of the most prominent groups of the era's folk-pop boom, which they kick-started in 1958 with the release of the Trio's eponymous first album and its hit recording of "Tom Dooley", which became a...

May 9, 2024 at 6:52 AM
  13. Brettlowden liked FredV's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

Oliver Hardy was quite elegant too. [IMG]

May 9, 2024 at 6:51 AM
  14. Brettlowden replied to the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

"The Way" is a cool song.

May 9, 2024 at 6:48 AM
  15. Brettlowden liked FredV's post in the thread Big artists that are now largely forgotten?.

I think it was a joke reference to his girth. [IMG]

May 9, 2024 at 6:47 AM
molar-endocrine