Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

1. latheofheaven liked mcwlod's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Just my humble two cents from european perspective: anyone interested in music knows Bowie round here, his songs have been used in many movies and he’s an icon. Even my 11 and 9 years old daughters know Bowie cause Changes have been used in Shrek...

May 9, 2024 at 4:24 AM
  2. latheofheaven liked TNhillbilly's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Exactly. You can’t measure by chart success as the Dead never really tried to be a “pop” band. If you go by historical importance, fanbase and cultural influence then the Grateful Dead are definitely as big or bigger in the US.

May 9, 2024 at 3:11 AM
  3. latheofheaven replied to the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Ah, I just saw @WizardsWithMachinery liked this post. GREAT screen name Bro! :righton:

May 9, 2024 at 2:25 AM
  4. latheofheaven replied to the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I know... I still can't believe I sold one a few years back to @Myke for $35, the bloody B@st***! :realmad:

May 9, 2024 at 2:20 AM
  5. latheofheaven liked Strat-Mangler's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

The 45 is sublime... and I compared to the KENDUN.

May 9, 2024 at 2:19 AM
  6. latheofheaven replied to the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

:laugh: Heh, I think we are talkin' apples and oranges here guys. As in, 'Orange you glad you didn't buy that last 1/2 speed Abbey Road Apple pressing...?' :biglaugh:

May 9, 2024 at 2:17 AM
  7. latheofheaven liked brimuchmuze's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Indeed. He tops all of them :)

May 9, 2024 at 2:15 AM
  8. latheofheaven liked Jasonbraswell's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Ok that is a good clarification.

9. latheofheaven liked keylime_5's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

And for the record , Bowie is just as big as any of those groups in the 20-35 age range in my experience.

10. latheofheaven liked keylime_5's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I’m not talking about heirarchy I’m talking about they all restrict usage of their reissues in the same manner.

11. latheofheaven liked bjlefebvre's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I have this pressing here. SST, I think I bought it in the early 2010s.

12. latheofheaven liked metalrules's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

If you don't already have Double Nickels, the SST store is an option. If this discogs entry is the same pressing and the deadwax is correct, LP2 closely matches some of the fantastic sounding originals. Reviews there are pretty positive aside...

May 9, 2024 at 2:14 AM
  13. latheofheaven liked bjlefebvre's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

If we're musing on possible punk records, I could see a case for Johnny Thunder's So Alone. The Sex Pistols might be a safer bet as far as sales, though (I can't believe I just typed that). Or if they want to just take my money now, Double...

14. latheofheaven liked challenge's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I have the Ramones S/T from 2011 and it is great and I don't see the need to do it in the audiophile form. I said it sometime before in this thread that I would rather see Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bullocks if you go the punk route

15. latheofheaven liked bjlefebvre's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Yeah, I love the first five Ramones albums, but an "audiophile" s/t would be a head scratcher. I would say Bowie is bigger in the U.S. than the Dead. I have no hate for the Dead, but c'mon. Dead fans looooove the Dead and are one of the most...

May 9, 2024 at 2:13 AM
molar-endocrine