Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

1. latheofheaven liked Bulsara's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

All love and respect to the GD but come on, be serious. Well if you're gonna judge it by the Top 40 - how many of those 59 Top 40 albums were actual big sellers - lots of Dave's Picks albums hovering around #30. It looks like they had one Top...

May 9, 2024 at 2:10 AM
  2. latheofheaven liked jamiehowarth's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Key mistake: the problem is not the digital processing. If you don't like the mastering, that was done analog, by the Who camp. Many have liked it. You did not.

May 9, 2024 at 2:09 AM
  3. latheofheaven replied to the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Well, I'm not a big 'digital' kind of guy either, but I must say that all the Plangent Grateful Dead stuff I've heard and have sounds bloody amazing! :righton: I believe if our dear Mr. Oz thinks about it, it isn't the Plangent process that...

May 9, 2024 at 2:09 AM
  4. latheofheaven liked slop101's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

The Dead have sold around 35 million albums, Bowie has sold over 200 million - he has also had far more singles charting far higher than the Dead ever have - it's not even close!

May 9, 2024 at 2:05 AM
  5. latheofheaven liked Vader1959's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Most of the reviews that I have read seem to favor the MFSL 45rpm of AB.

6. latheofheaven liked slop101's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Nowhere near as big as Zeppelin or Bowie, no.

7. latheofheaven liked FashionBoy's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I thought Patrick Milligan was mentioning Fleetwood Mac S/T in one of the livestreams a while back, he was talking about flying in some sections from safeties to cut AAA. Unfortunately this was just done by VMP, not to mention Bellman cut a 45RPM...

May 9, 2024 at 2:04 AM
  8. latheofheaven liked Instant Dharma's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Double Nickels for me. Classic Puppets even better. II or Up on the Sun.

May 9, 2024 at 2:04 AM
  9. latheofheaven replied to the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

That's called 'OCD'... :D Join the club run by @GentleSenator of whom 98% of the people here are devout members...

May 9, 2024 at 2:03 AM
  10. latheofheaven liked Jasonbraswell's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

You don't think American Beauty is a big title?

May 9, 2024 at 2:00 AM
  11. latheofheaven liked Jasonbraswell's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I have an '81 Marino cut that I paid roughly $10. Doubtful I will try the KG if they reissue, but I hate to break the streak of owning everything in this series so far.

12. latheofheaven replied to the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

If you mean the Jane's Addiction album, absolutely! I have the original US pressing and it sounds pretty good, I don't know how much one would cost now. The RSD of Ritual La Habitual (or whatever the hell it's called) is quite good too!

13. latheofheaven liked slop101's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Yeah, Rhino's in a weird position, they can't do these with HUGE names, like Zeppelin or Bowie, and they can't really do it with smaller artists either - so we're left with bands like The Cars, or Van Morrison, and not even all of their albums -...

May 9, 2024 at 1:59 AM
  14. latheofheaven liked Strat-Mangler's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

There was a pretty big gap between these 2 events. The Captain & Me was deemed terrific, though apparently the Speakers Corner pressing is slightly better, from what I remember reading. I have the SC and it is indeed amazing.

May 9, 2024 at 1:58 AM
molar-endocrine