New Audio Fidelity Gold CDs:Doors, Beach Boys, The Band, Alice Cooper, Cars, Ronstadt

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I'm looking forward to working on these upcoming Audio Fidelity 24 Karat Gold compact discs. ALL WILL BE LIMITED EDITIONS.

The Band-Self Titled, their second (and most beloved) album aka "The Brown Album" has been a favorite of ours for many years. We tried to do it for DCC but couldn't for technical reasons. A loan of the master tape will insure our version will sound amazing.

Linda Ronstadt-Heart Like A Wheel is one of my favorite albums. Her best in my opinion. Our version will be directly from the analog master.

Alice Cooper-School's Out will get the Audio Fidelity treatment. I'm looking forward to working on this!

The Beach Boys-Pet Sounds.
    And of course it was the worst kept secret that Pet Sounds will be issued in the original Brian Wilson/Chuck Britz monaural mix from 1966. For those of you who missed out on the DCC version here will be your chance to grab one. No need to pay the big bucks anymore on eBay for this title.

The Cars Heartbeat City
    One of our favorite albums, we will be using the original 30 ips 1/2" stereo mixes, untouched for years...

The Doors The Soft Parade
    One of the two that got away at DCC. The other being:

The Doors Morrison Hotel
    Original stereo mixes will be used for both Doors albums.

This is just the beginning, folks.

Added:

Capitol/EMI currently has a moratorium on licensing VINYL to audiophile labels. :rolleyes: I bet this will be over in six months and we can do some vinyl titles.

Stay tuned!

2. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

THE BAND

Oh, wow. That is huge. Not to push my luck but any chance you can work Get Up Jake on there? Man, this is one of my favorite recordings ever not to mention one of my favorite albums.

3. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

Steve, Am I correct in assuming these will be CD only or will AF also be releasing vinyl or SACD versions?

4. Charliemcd

Charliemcd Forum Resident

Great selection there, Steve! Looking forward to seeing these issued.

5. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Fantastic news, Steve. Thanks for sharing the info!

6. Dream Operator

Dream Operator New Member

Awesome!! Can't wait :)

7. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

I am ready!! I was very disappointed DCC never did Heart Like A Wheel as announced. I am all over that one. Thanks for the info!

8. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

I'm looking forward to these. I hope Pet Sounds is in mono and stereo. :righton:

9. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Wow. Great News!

10. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

School's Out!!!

:goodie::goodie::goodie::goodie:
    :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

11. Fortune

Fortune Senior Member

Holy ****ing ****! This is awesome!

Even though I have the DCC of "Pet Sounds" I will definitely be picking the new one up...plus, well, all the others too!

Steve, might you decide to do anything different (mastering-wise) with "Pet Sounds" that you didn't do on the DCC?

12. floyd

floyd Senior Member

great!!!!!
    I predict this will be a looooooong thread ;)

every title is a winner

13. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Looks like Marshall was able to help you get some wider-ranging titles than you had in the first AF series, Steve. The Band and Pet Sounds will be wonderful to be able to obtain!

Evan

14. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

No way it will have the stereo remix unless Steve gets a chance to do his remix. I don't think ML would let that happen but I'd love to be wrong.

15. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Excellent - I'm in for the first 3. Have the DCC Pet Sounds already :)

16. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Oh wow!!!!

I really hope that Alice Cooper - Love It To Death will be in there somewhere!!

:love:

17. WPLJ

WPLJ Forum Resident

Wow. Steve, didn't you say in your original thread re: the "new" Audio Fidelity" that these would be 24 karat gold CD's with a list price of $19.98? Too good to be true ...! :goodie:

Pet Sounds and The Band will be mine, for sure!! Thanks!!!!

18. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Dream on, I know, but it seems to me the music most desperately in need of an audiophile treatment is contemporary music -- all the records that are being smashed in the mastering. I'd like to see Steve's mastering of "Icky Thump" on a CD.

19. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

:yikes::edthumbs:

20. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Wait! Alice Cooper's Muscle of Love!!!!

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

are they all scheduled for both gold and 180g LP?

from the last thread you said :

"Marshall absorbed this info with a big grin and then told me it was some kind of wacky fate because he wanted to fire up Audio Fidelity again to make new 24 Karat Gold CDs and 180 gram albums."

heres hopin

22. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

BTW...when are they scheduled to be released?

23. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

The Band? Oh wow..... wow... and wow. Definitely a top five lp of all time for me. Incredible opportunity Steve. Cant wait for the tape stories on THAT one!

Finally some 'Coop also!

Marshall, if you are out there we need the Alice Cooper KILLER album done please!

Great beginning .... hope to see more great titles :)

24. BZync

BZync Senior Member

This is good news indeed.

25. Macman

Macman Senior Member

Fantastic choices. I'm in for all four.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.