Really poor experience with ImportCDs (Amazon Marketplace seller)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Chris M, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

Ordered the Complete Motown Singles vol. 9 from ImportCD's 5 weeks ago but recieved an unrelated 45 instead. I followed their return instructions and 5 weeks later I haven't recieved a refund. These people are awful about answering emails and I cannot find any phone numbers for them. Over the course of month they replied to one of ten emails and the one response had no helpful info. I filed a claim through Amazon but it was rejected as I didn't have a tracking # for the return. Not sure what to do from here other than take it up with Visa. Anyone have experience with ImportCD's?

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Too bad about your experience with ImportCDs. If memory serves me correctly, you're not the only forum member who's had issues with them. I did make one purchase from this seller last year (Pentangle 4-cd box for $18) but the transaction went smoothly. Good luck.

3. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Go to Visa & get your money back. I think you already got your answer from the merchants involved.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Agreed. Chris has already wasted a lot of time trying to deal with ImportCDs directly. Customer service obviously is not important to them.

5. kdbrink

kdbrink Forum Resident

Wow! I've ordered from them many times and have always been impressed with their quick shipping. BUT, I have never had any interaction with their customer service dept.

6. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Same here. It's my understanding that you're fine if you order from them through Amazon, but not directly on their own site. Guess this is the exception to the rule. Hope your issue gets resolved, Chris.

7. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I just ordered two SACDs from them with no problem. Of course, if there was a problem I would have gotten the run around, as well.

8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Too many cheap bastids out there that won't pay the 75 cents for a tracking #. Live and learn. I always get tracking numbers.

9. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

I am sorry to hear you are having this trouble with them. I have made around 35 purchases from importcd's through amazon and never had any problem. It is obviously their mistake and should be a lot more customer friendly about it. Contact visa, that should get their attention.

10. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

Same here. Sorry you're having problems with them.

11. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

It took me dozens of emails before I finally got a refund for a damaged cd I returned to them. I followed the return instructions to the letter. They emailed me back and said that they do not accept returns for damaged cds! Even though they posted return instructions on their website. I will never use them again. A few times I was sent the wrong version of a cd I ordered also. All because I wanted to save a few bucks.

12. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

They've been the first merchant i look for in the Amazon marketplace listings for awhile. I like their packaging and ship times. I'll be cautious about ordering higher priced items from them now tho after reading the troubles. I generally buy 1 or 2 $10 cds at a time and havent had an issue yet.

13. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

I may be a bastid but I'm not cheap :laugh: I can't remember if I got a tracking # and lost it or just didn't pay the .75 cents. Still no response from ImportCD's. Unfortunately I used my debit card so it may be more difficult getting my money back. I did find a phone for them so I'll try that as well.

14. jrice

jrice Senior Member

Isn't Mr ImportCDs a member here?

15. montejay

montejay Forum Resident

BEWARE OF IMPORTCD. BEWARE and use at your own caution.
    I will never order from this company again after this experience.
    1-On Nov 9th I pre-ordered the AF CSN from this firm (part of a $250 first order)with a shipping date of December 6th.

2-Importcd changed it week later to December 13th. As this was a christmas gift I still felt we were ok time wise. I inquired on the 13th the status of my order. There response was that the manufacturer was at fault for not delivering as promised.

3-On the 15th I inquired if they had an ETA. They told me the order was complete except for the backorder) I reminded them it was a pre-order and not a back order.

4-On december 21st I again asked where the order was. I get my last email back from them stating it " their policy to cancel any order over thirty days. I reminded them that I attempted to communicate with them prior and was never imformed of this policy. They only cancelled it minutes after I inquired on the 21st.

They said I could reorder it at the new higher price!

I asked them to just honor the order. I didn't ask for anything else. I haven't received any response since there last email to me stating I can pay the new price.

SCAMMERS

16. montejay

montejay Forum Resident

Good luck
    They don.t even respond to emails

17. montejay

montejay Forum Resident

I think this company has a different policy regarding where the order came from.
    If you go direct Beware

18. montejay

montejay Forum Resident

That sums up my experience with them exactly

19. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Same here. I've ordered both directly from their site and via Amazon and never had a problem. I hope it stays that way...

20. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Here's a c.2007 phone number, Chris:

Importcds.com
    phone: 1-949-225-1170

21. montejay

montejay Forum Resident

I am glad you never experienced there underside
    They have little in customer service today and from my research this has been the norm for a couple of years at least.
    Why would they cancel a Pre order 4 days prior to Christmas leaving no chance to get it someplace else in time. Then tell me I can reorder at a higher price!
    Coal in their socks this year

22. sonnysin168

sonnysin168 Forum Resident

I remember ordering from them about twice and they really have poor customer service. I think the only reason people are ordering from them is the low price. But I would rather order from a more reliable amazon seller.

23. montejay

montejay Forum Resident

I started to use them based on some peoples recommendation on these forums
    Their prices are in line with what amazon was selling the same disc for
    If your order is over twenty five dollars the shipping is free so Amazon can be cheaper.
    You hit the nail on the head
    They have poor customer service and treat their customers badly. They. Pups have remedied this by just honoring the agreement with me.
    The problems I experienced are not isolated either as far as I can tell.

24. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member

I have to say that I've never had a problem with importcds, whether through amazon or from their site. I find their prices to be lower than most other sources, and I think they've been doing a great job shipping vinyl (oversize boxes with styro clips to protect the LPs).
    Ordering directly from their site provides free tracking, as well as a shipping discount for more than one item.
    The only time I've had to contact them was when they double shipped Miles Davis' Nefertiti SACD. They wrote back to tell me to keep the extra copy, at no charge.

Apparently my mileage varies from most.

:wave:

25. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Super D is the parent company of Import Cds, and they also own Deep Discount DVD/CD and they have a couple more Amazon marketplace names they go under. I've bought from Import Cds a dozen times or more with no problems. The last time was for the Aqualung deluxe box which was backordered and I had to wait over a month, but they honored the $73 sale price. Use the phone number, they should take care of you pretty quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.