Decware High Fidelity launches "ZSTAGE"

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Lonson, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues Thread Starter

Gents and Ladies,

I swear I'm not affiliated in any way with Steve Deckert and Decware High Fidelity other than being a dedicated and loyal owner and enjoyer of Decware amps, preamps, sources, speakers and cabling. I got a taste of the amazing Decware sound, found the pricing actually attainable, and I've built my main system around Decware components, and am slowly converting my second, bedroom system, as well.

Two integral parts of my system are the Decware headphone amp/preamplifier (I have one without the headphone section as I never use them these days) the CSP2, and Decware's "buffer amp and so much more," the ZBOX. Now Decware has launched a product that combines disctinctive aspects of both these products into one chassis, and an even more affordable one at that: the ZSTAGE line level preamp:

http://www.decware.com/newsite/zstage.html

As I have the CSP2 and ZBOX firmly rooted in my system, I haven't ordered the new ZSTAGE. Not yet. :) I'm very intrigued however, and I think this dedicated line stage with adjustable output gain (similar to the CSP2), and biasing options, along with the "running a tube at half power" design (similar to the ZBOX design) would give a CDP or DAC based system a great "control center." The only review I've read so far is highly enthusiastic. I thought I'd draw a bit of attention to it so that anyone who has some experience with it may chime in, and anyone looking for a preamp for a digital system might add it to their "hmmm" list.

[​IMG]

2. Lonson

A look into the "innards."

Attached Files:

3. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Forum Resident

Lon, I currently have a Decware Taboo amp on order, and am considering whether to add a ZSTAGE or a CSP2+ preamp to it. I won't know whether I am so inclined until I have a chance to listen to the Taboo in my headphone rig. But I suspect it is going on my "hmmmm" list.

4. Lonson

Congratulations Pale Rider! You have an adventure ahead of you! Be sure to let us all know your impressions of the Mini-Torii.

The CSP2 is a great preamp/headphone amp. I love how you can adjust the gain up to 5V output for each channel. Really flexible.

The Mini-Torii has so many possible tube types that can be used. Wild!

5. Lonson

Re-reading this almost two years later and wonder why I said "Mini-Torii" twice when you were talking about a Taboo! Sorry Greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.