Capitol Beatles Box Set Vol 2 - Continued (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Craig, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff Thread Starter

Discussion regarding the Capitol Beatles Box Set Vol 2 continues in this thread.....

The original thread that started the discussion is HERE.

2. heliokt

heliokt Forum Resident

so...did Robert Lan received his box set from Japan?

Regards,
    Helio

3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Anyone have the sampler yet?

I would love to hear a comparison of the mono and stereo tracks on the sampler, to try to resolve the question at hand. :thumbsup:

4. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Samplers don't really prove anything about the final product, though. Remember the Stones SACD sampler?

5. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Why did the discussion of Capitol Albums Volume 2 require a new thread to be started?

6. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Because the last thread was at about 80 pages.

7. Craig

If threads get too long it can cause a problem with the forum software if they have to be re-indexed. We try to start a new thread when the old one reaches about 1,000 posts just to avoid any problems in the future.

The forum slowdown today was not caused by this, but was a reminder for us to keep an eye on it.

8. Raf

Raf Senior Member

So that means this thread will have a Part 3 in, oh, about a week or so. ;)

9. Craig

:righton: I left room for expansion in the thread title..... :winkgrin:

10. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Ok, I know the forum has either been super slow or not up at all most of today, but has the great mystery of our time finally been solved or not?

Did Wollensack ever listen more closely and report back?

Did anyone who supposedly got a sampler compare the Rubber Soul tracks stereo vs mono?

Has Bruce Spizer piped up?

Have any members here with their mysterious contacts at record companies found out anything?

Has Steve Hoffman said anything yet?

The silence is deafening.....

It kind of reminds me of when I was living on the top floor of 12 story apartment building and one time the fire alarms went off in the middle of the night, ear-splittingly loud, and I went out in the hallway and NOBODY else was there, no one ever came out or did anything....just very bizzare, all of this.....

11. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I posted an inquiry addressed to Bruce on the Beatles Collectors Yahoo Group. When/if he responds, I'll let you folks know asap!

12. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Any more information? I've been waiting impatiently to get home from work to find out if this has been resolved.

13. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Forum slowness and busy times at work kept me away most of the day. Mr. Wollensack and I had no contact today - his air shift was a remote, as it usually is on Friday's. So I really have nothing to report.

I hope it wasn't our news that "broke" the Forum. I wouldn't want to cause -=Rudy=- any extra work. :)

Harry

14. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

OK, since tomorrow is April Fool's maybe we'll find out then. Somebody is going to be a fool when all this is figured out! :D

15. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Stay tuned for the answers in our next thrilling episode of....."As The Beatle Turns".... :laugh:

Evan

16. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

I've been away all day and I'm rather surprised that NOTHING has been solved regarding this. The few calls I made all confirm that no one else has gotten this set, as of 6:00PM...whether it's the official box or some advanced copy. Considering Spizer hasn't updated his webpage, or seemingly contacted any sources (inluding forum members)
    about the issues raised by Wollensack...it seems as if whatever set he got, is not the set being released on April 11. As far as foreign countries getting the shipping date "delayed"....well there never was an official street date prior to the UK on the 10th. Other dates were rumour-only. Has Robert Lan gotten HIS copy yet? Ron

17. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Isn't Bruce supposed to be at Beatlefest this weekend? If so, we might get some clarification tonight or tomorrow. (It would also mean he might not be online that much...)

18. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

I do hope that this is just a well executed April Fool's joke... :shh:

19. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

Unlikely, since it ain't even April!

20. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Speaking for Wollensack and myself, there is no April Fool's joke here - certainly none of OUR doing.

Harry

21. william shears

william shears Senior Member

If it is just a practical joke then after the frantic phonecalls and e-mails I can imagine have been sent to various people in the industry we may be looking at a repeat of the 'Mambo says the DCC/AF wharehouse has been robbed of all its stock' affair with some pissed-off people looking to vent some spleen.

Strange that the original person who posted the info about the fold-downs has not posted since. D'ya think he may have some red-faced Capitol enforcers on his tail? "Where d'ya get discs buddy.."
    ??

22. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Last night I dreamt that I received my box set on March 31st and every mono track was a fold-down. I remember hearing the false starts on "I'm Looking Through You" in the dream too (or was that a nightmare?)

23. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

Yes Bruce is scheduled to be at Beatlefest this weekend doing a special presentation on the 40th anniversary of the Butcher Cover and discussing the Capitol Box Volume 2. The web site says they were going to try to have listening party for the box as well ( I guess subject to Capitol clearance?). Well you can go to the web site www.thefestforbeatlesfans.com for full details including the Peter & Gordon Reunion Concert tomorrow night. Even better still if you cannot attend in person, you can listen to the Fest live at www.listenonline.net and clicking the fest link.

24. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I think Capitol is behind the forum slowdown! :shh:
    We've been talking about vol.2 wwaaaaaaayyyy too much, so they stepped in and broke the place! :D

25. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

An ugly soiled Rubber Soul reel just went for 82.99 on ebay... must be time to sell mine, especially with this CD coming out soon. Of course my unsoiled one will probably go for less, since that's the way things work for me when I sell something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.