Adventures in Mastering: James Taylor “SWEET BABY JAMES” for Audio Fidelity Gold CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveS1

SteveS1 Forum Resident

Any more JT on the way?

2. Mud Slide Slim has already been confirmed by AF, with Gorilla and In The Pocket yet to come...
    :wave:

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Yeah, that's rare. Not from Steve, but in general.

4. KeithH

Wait. Mud Slide Slim has been confirmed, but the other two haven't. So, Audio Fidelity may not be doing those albums? What does "yet to come" mean?

5. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I didn't know Mud Slide Slim was confirmed.

Haven't seen anything official from the label or did I miss something?

6. KeithH

I looked, and Mud Slide Slim is not shown on Audio Fidelity's web site.

7. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

I believe our host tweeted a while ago about remastering Mud Slide Slim. No official announcement yet from AF but hopefully soon. :)

8. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Now we're talkin'.

9. sonnysin168

sonnysin168 Forum Resident

I ordered this at amazon.com last month. Just hours ago amazon states this will be released on 06 September, I checked now it says temporarily out of stock. Can somebody please explain?

10. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

I received an e-mail from Amazon on 8/25 telling me that the delivery estimate for James Taylor & Heart is 9/12 - 9/16. I opted for the free shipping, so that may be a factor.

11. jabrow75

jabrow75 Forum Resident

Same here... I just checked my Amazon account this morning and noticed that shipment is being delayed and was asked to "approve" the order by Sept. 6th (today). Same deal for the Heart CD. After I approved it I got an email stating that I will be notified when they have a more definite shipping date. Anybody else that ordered it from Amazon might want to check their order status as you might need to do the approval process. I didn't read far enough to see if they might cancel the order if not approved by today...

Since I'm only paying less than $10 out of pocket for this (thanks to some previous amazon credits + pre-order price), I'll gladly just wait it out.

12. jabrow75

jabrow75 Forum Resident

Yes, most likely that was due to the free (super saver) shipping. I ordered it with Prime shipping with a release day delivery of 9/6. You might want to check your amazon account again, I had to approve my order this morning due to a shipping delay (see my post above) and have not been given an updated delivery estimate yet. Not sure if the Labor day holiday had anything to do with the shipping delay, if so then yours would probably not be effected.

13. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Yes, amazon.com does not have it yet. :shh:

14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Amazon shipped mine last week.:righton: It should be waiting in my mail box when I get home. I tracked it on Fed Ex.

15. syogusr

syogusr New Member

Here we go again, almost all retailers stated this was to be released today, but when today arrived, virtually everyone I checked was backordered. I am not so sure that the holiday has anything to do with it.
    Amazon abruptly raised the price nearly $6 about 5 days ago. Maybe AF needs needs new distribution, I don't know.:shake:

16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Back ordered because they didn't order enough.

17. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Maybe not, seems to be working exactly right.

18. KeithH

I pre-ordered the James Taylor and Heart gold discs from amazon.com on August 4th. The Taylor disc is scheduled to arrive today, but the Heart disc is delayed. I received an e-mail message today asking me to approve the delayed shipment of the Heart disc (if I don't approve, they will cancel the order). They are not giving an ETA for the Heart disc.

Either they got fewer copies of the Heart disc or it sold better. Or maybe they haven't gotten any copies yet. I pre-ordered it early.

19. syogusr

syogusr New Member

Then Audio Fidelity didn't even order enough because you can't even buy it on their site as of this writing.

20. jabrow75

jabrow75 Forum Resident

I pre-ordered SBJ on 8/10 and Heart on 8/27 (when the pre-order price dropped to $15.14... couldn't resist). Both are being delayed for me. I was aksed to do the delayed shipment approval for both. Didn't get an email though, I noticed it when I checked my Amazon account this morning. Guess they didn't get enough of either one in. With the pre-order price dropping to $15.14 each it's a steal for anyone who got in on those prices, so I can wait.

As I said in my previous post, anybody that ordered through Amazon needs to check and make sure their order isn't delayed. Would hate for it to get cancelled and lose the pre-order price.

21. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

That's why so many people (especially on this forum) pre-order from Amazon. a. The price is better for a pre-order - the price typically goes up when the product is actually released - and b. presumably the pre-orders are the first to get filled when the item is finally in stock.

22. Schmeig

Schmeig Forum Resident

Amazon shipped my copy of Sweet Baby James today. No notification on the Heart CD, but I ordered that one later.

23. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

Just received my copy today. Yeah....... :winkgrin:

24. mikeymad

mikeymad Forum Resident

Had to listen to Walking Man (AZF109) and One Man Dog (AZF101) to tide me over.

In the Amazon Q.

Cheers,

25. KeithH

Sweet Baby James arrived today. I got a chance to listen to "Fire and Rain" before going out for the evening. Outstanding! Think all the trite expressions. James Taylor was in my living room, the soundstage was 3-D, etc.

The vocals are warm and natural, and the guitar is addicting. Awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.