Capitol Beatles Box Set Vol 2 - Continued (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Craig, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Regular Matrix. It's the quad verison.

2. william shears

william shears Senior Member

Man, this has been one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read. I mean I'm sorry to all you US album fans out there an all, but this thread has had everything. Intrigue, besmirched honour, subterfuge, outbreaks of violence, melancholia, edge-of-seat thrills. Probably not enough sex though. Mind you with what we've had already, who knows what's yet to come? :p

3. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

Drifter: I know you chose your avatar a ways back,, but I'm guessing you're just like me. A week from Tuesday I'll grab the thing like the faithful Beatles servant that I am regardless of any possible controversy. Then two weeks later (or whenever) I will dutifully send my faulty discs back to the address Capitol provides and wait the six weeks (or whenever) to get the correct versions.

4. jpgr4ever

jpgr4ever New Member

Okay ...I will do that Mr. Wollensack's friend ...Happy April Fool's day :)

5. jpgr4ever

jpgr4ever New Member

Until I buy my personal copy from Best Buy or Circuit City (whichever is cheaper..they're both close to me) and I see if mine has the official mono mixes or not, I will consider this whole thing a big joke between everyone who claims they have the official set in their hands. Call me crazy but that's the way I see it... :)

6. william shears

What!? You STILL think this is a joke?
    :eek:

7. william shears

Yeh the quad version. Folded down to mono :winkgrin:

8. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I've just be "un-banned" from the Forums based on my contact with the Gorts about The Capitol Albums Vol2 very late Friday night. I'll post here what I told the Gorts.

I've been in contact with one of the "Principals" on the project. The stereo was mastered first by Ted Jensen. A "reference" mono fold down of the stereo was made, for some reason. Ted Jensen then mastered the mono Rubber Soul from the correct Capitol mono Rubber Soul master.

Because I can't say anything definitive, I was told I could say this:

Wollensack has a "real" Capitol Albums, Vol. 2. If, by mistake, the mono reference fold down was sent to one of the manufacturing facilities by mistake, the problem will be corrected. Capitol IS aware of this POSSIBLE mistake and plans an announcement.

I have not read all of the posts on this thread, so if this is already old news I apologize. If it isn't old news I suggest that a Gort move this to the start of a new thread.

It is good to be back, and I promise to be good.

lukpac likes this.
  9. jpgr4ever

jpgr4ever New Member

Well nobody has posted pics or sound samples from their sets....Mr Wollensack has completely disappeared...Bruce Spizer has ignored this whole thing...Nobody has proven anything other than what's been said here. It's easy to make up something when you know specifically which mixes should be what.
    Why would Capitol release a specific press release about the mixes used if they werent. Why didnt the press release say "New mono mixes for 2006".

Maybe it's an error on the initial pressings, but it's kind of strange that the US set still isnt out for another week.

10. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

I SAW several copies of the box set this weekend at Beatlefest here in New Jersey. They are out there.

11. cvila

cvila Senior Member

I guess that's a matter of interpretation of "implied"

lukpac likes this.
  12. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

That makes sense David, thanks for the info, and welcome back! :wave:

13. PMC7027

Thank you very much!

14. jpgr4ever

jpgr4ever New Member

WELL THAT IS GREAT NEWS! Finally someone has spoken up...Welcome back :)

15. jpgr4ever

jpgr4ever New Member

Does Capitol plan to give refunds or replacements too ?

16. PMC7027

Thank you very much.

17. jpgr4ever

jpgr4ever New Member

I posted about this in the Capitol Beatles forum but nobody seemed to care...I guess it's only important to us "real" fans :)

18. jpgr4ever

jpgr4ever New Member

The only reason I can think that the reference fold-down was made was to balance the volume levels between the two mono mixes? Just a guess ... :)

19. heliokt

heliokt Forum Resident

David,

Welcome back! :cheers:

I can read what is not written. Interesting! Hope Capitol manages to possibly replace in time all the possibly/potentially defective box sets

Regards,
    Helio

20. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Ok...first of all Wollensack and I are completely ok with one another. We'll both announce soon the auctioning off of one of my Capitol mono LPs....the proceeds of which we have both discussed and heartily agree to. I don't recall ever talking to you before...so why are you questioning me now? My response post was not directed at you, so I see no reason to post something directed at me personally.

That being said, I did say things in the heat of the moment, but I never implied Wollensack, or anyone else, was lying...or that this was some April Fool's joke...I did have reservations that his set was not what will be in stores April 11. As Dave just pointed out, the mastering error may not be on all the pressings (it's possible only the first-run pressings, or one mastering plant, has this problem)....so I was not off ground saying the sets we receive on April 11 won't have the mono fold-downs. I also mentioned, as did Dave, that Jensen may have done a reference fold-down and perhaps this was unintenitally used in the pressing phase. On a positive note, it's great to see Dave back in action...we missed you. Ron

21. PMC7027

Thanks. It is good to be back. I just have to remember to stop posting things that get me in trouble.

22. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Haha, yea I hear ya...I'm getting my lunch handed to me by a few forum members I've never spoken to before....obvously unaware that Wollensack and I have no problems between one another...and never did. Early on in the long and winding thread, even in my hysterical state, he said he understood my frustration....he also realized that being the first to post what he did would cause issues...... Just behave yourself Dave :angel: , your posts are always entertaining and informative. Ron

23. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Ron, just admit that you insinuated Wollensack was lying to us and all will be forgiven :laugh:.

This has been the best weekend on the forum in the 5 years I've been a member :nauga:

24. jpgr4ever

jpgr4ever New Member

Why should brainwashed be the only one to admit that? I think a few of us here were doubting that Wollensack really had the set...I admit that I accused him of an April Fool's joke...but he still didnt provide any proof to us that he had it and he also disappeared from the forum.

25. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I had to work, I missed most of the fun. Darn. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.