Cat vomit blows up Yamaha RX-471 receiver.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dallasv, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

I truly am sorry to hear about your bad luck. However, I have to admit that your thread title was so funny that I had to read it. To my surprise, the post was even funnier than the title.

If Yamaha won't fix it for you, I think the members here should all pitch in to repay you for a good laugh. Count me in for few bucks.

2. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

Too bad it wasn't caught on video and posted to YouTube - your cat would be famous or infamous depending on one's view.

3. Claude

Claude Senior Member

Attached Files:

4. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Have you tried the cat piss on speakers tweak?

Seriously, I think I read on here once about putting coyote urine near equipment to keep cats away from it. Apparently you can buy it at a hunting supply store.

5. helter

helter Forum Resident

I had that happen with laundry detergent. Had to bring it in for repair but they were able to fix it.

6. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

I like cats as long as they are not mine. A former GF brought home a cat as a surprise and I freaked. I had several plants that are not animal friendly and I'm allergic to cats. Plus on the first day it started clawing my speaker grills and couch.

The cat didn't last long in my home and my former GF went ballistic when I told her to take the cat elsewhere, anywhere.

The cat was more lethal to the relationship than my record collection.

7. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident

An elderly relative of mine used this method to deter cats from going into her garden.

8. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident

Ditto lion ****, apparently.

9. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Au contraire. My dog is fond of knocking my Paradigm speakers off their low-slung Mapleshade stands with his wagging butt.

10. Read my mind.:D

11. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Isn't a certain tweak company selling the Cat Vomit Signature upgrade? Hairball Fidelity, it claims. (big grins). Supposed to make your Andrew Lloyd Webber records sound really fine. Maybe Kitty didn't like the Bob Norberg mastered Frank Sinatra recording, so he decided to disable the Yamaha.

12. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

This should have a sticky, as a PSA.

13. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

14. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident

I guess this is why people advertise pet free home as mentioned in the other active thread.

15. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

At one time we had three cats in the house at once and I they never damage any of my stereo gear. It is true, however, that in the winter cats are heat seekers and if you have warm running gear they will curl up on it. :)

16. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

True, but I was a bit concerned when I saw the paper clip indicating attachments. I thought may be there would be a picture of the cat puke in the receiver. :sigh:

17. SixtiesGuy

SixtiesGuy Ministry of Love

Have you ever taken a whiff of coyote urine? It will also do a great job of keeping YOU away from your equipment. I'd rather buld a chickenwire cage around my gear.

18. audiofool

audiofool Senior Member

So would you say that Sylvester is more of a Denon fan ?

19. jazdoc

jazdoc Forum Resident

I think we can close the 2012 competition...everyone else is trying for second place!

Took me 5 minutes to type this -- can't stop laughing.

20. SCompRacer

SCompRacer Forum Resident

"This usually works....where is that guy with the poor sense of humor? I wanted to play! Guess I'll take a cat nap and wait for him to show up."

Photo taken by wife while I was at work.

[​IMG]

21. Cats = Pure Evil

(I have one)

22. bobbycat

bobbycat Forum Resident

what a thread....
    My cat once attacked my headphones while i was listening to music.
    I´ll tell you.. cat has a left punch like Ali

23. McGruder

McGruder Eternal Musicphile

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I had no idea cats were such a problem for audio equipment. These pictures of the cats laying all over the gear is just horrifying, lol.

24. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.