"Just The Hits" - Elvis ~ Disc #4 [1960 - 1969]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob Lovely, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

That would have been outstanding. I would love to hear his versions of "Blowin' in the Wind" and "I Shall be Released."

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

What were the sources for the Dennis Drake cuts again?

3. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam Thread Starter

The Time-Life Elvis collection. Member chip-hp posted a link in an earlier thread I posted on this recording project....

Bob :)

4. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Elvis Collection discography ... several of the volumes are currently listed on ebay ... search ... elvis collection ... in CDs ... and they should pop up ...

5. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I Shall Be Released is on the 70s Essential Masters box, but like I said it is a short off-the cuff version where he only sings a few lines. I believe there are two complete home demos of Blowin' in the Wind that have been released. Nothing too exciting, but great to know Elvis was exploring this music even though he was almost exclusively recording inane soundtrack material during the years 1964-1966.

6. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

Thanks for the information Dave.

7. Rider

Rider Forum Resident

Off-topic: About a year ago I made a compilation of his folk(-related) songs recorded in 1971 that was supposed to be a fictitious follow-up to his 1971 country album I'm 10,000 Years Old - Elvis Country. The way it could have been back then in 1972 probably. The way I imagined it. I don't think this is the right place to post the tracklisting and cover art. I'll probably start a thread of its own eventually.

8. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I would love to see your compilation and artwork. Please post it soon!

9. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

I, too would love to see the tracklist and cover art. Please post soon! :righton:

10. Rider

Rider Forum Resident

For those who usually don't go through all the older threads and might overlook it, the tracklisting and artwork can be found here. Thanks for your interest. :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.