Keith Emerson & Greg Lake 2010 USA Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spotlightkid, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genesisfan

genesisfan Forum Resident

I'm losing all my faith for the ELP reunion gig, really

At this point I think it would be a disaster

2. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

F.Y.I.

Dear Customer,

Information update for Keith Emerson / Greg Lake fans

Please hold on to your ticket. We are waiting for information regarding a rescheduled date.
    We will know in a few days. We will be back in touch with you as soon as we have the information.

Regards,
    Live Nation Ticketing Customer Care

3. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Personally, I'd rather see the lineup on the current Keith Emerson Band Album. Marc Bonilla sounds enough like Greg Lake for me....

4. drbob932

drbob932 Member

So, are you gonna go, or has the entire experience left you way too burned?

5. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

Depends on the re-schedule date, really.

As I said earlier - we drove from Columbus which is almost 3 hours and booked a hotel for the night. Not an experience I like to duplicate again.

Plus...LiveNation ALREADY refunded my money back to my credit card company, so I wonder how this is going to work?

:confused:

6. farqua

farqua New Member

No Palmer, hey?
    This may help their music have less of a masturbatory quality.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

7. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

:biglaugh: Seriously though, this situation sucks. I wanted a chance to see the Colorado show... :sigh:

8. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

My friend was gushing he has 10th row seats in Dallas. Hope he doesn't get burned. He asked me to go...I'll pass. No voice(Lake), Emerson's hand problems and NO Palmer.......too long a drive from NOLA for this.

9. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

IM MAD AT EMERSON & LAKE SUMMER 2010 US TOUR, IM HERE IN SEATTLE READY TO ROCK AND I AM STRANDED, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. PROCOL HARUMS TOURING TOO.

10. Toka

Toka Active Member

11. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

For myself, I wish I'd had the wit to go see the reunited Nice when they toured a few years back!

12. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Maybe Tom Petty could try his hand at the drums? :D

13. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

The Keith Emerson Band with Marc Bonilla was *very* good when I saw them a few years ago. Much better than the 90s ELP reunion shows I saw.

14. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Over at the Progressive Ears forum, someone posted that the canceled shows was because a piece of equipment went missing that's vital to the show. Maybe someone stole Keith's Modular!!!

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Thanks for pointing that out:

16. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Couldn't he improvise and just light his keyboard on fire:sigh:

Attached Files:

17. Bren

Bren Forum Resident

I have a hard time believing that Keith Emerson, with all of his musical resources and a lifetime of performance experience, would refuse to play an 'intimate' show because he's missing some daggers. There are more conventional ways of sustaining chords, and I don't think the audiences would have demanded refunds had they not seen all of KE's classic props. If true, it's laughable and pathetic. "Can't perform without them" - has to be another April Fool's, no?

18. drbob932

drbob932 Member

Can't play without his knives lol....eh boy...pretty funny if it's true OR false, really. :)

19. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Live Nation sent me 2 emails about the Westbury show but the link is missing in both of them so I don't know what they're saying.

Dear Live Nation Customer,

Regarding Keith Emerson & Greg Lake at Theatre At Westbury in WESTBURY, Theatre at Westbury, please be advised of the following:

<#SN_FREITEXT>

Siincerely,
    Live Nation Ticketing

Not sure if the show is on or off.

20. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

This e-mail was sent out yesterday:

Excerpt:

rom: [email protected]
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: 4/2/2010 8:31:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: Emerson & Lake -- April 9,2010 -- Pre-Show VIP Reception Package

Pre-Show VIP Reception

Performance: Keith Emerson and Greg Lake

Date: April 9th, 2010

Time(s): 5:30PM – 7:00PM

Outdoor Deck

21. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

Keith Emerson and Greg Lake abruptly call off concert Thursday night at Lakewood Civic Auditorium
    By John Soeder, The Plain Dealer
    April 02, 2010, 1:45 P.M.

So much for “Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends. . . .” This one never even got started.

Prog-rock veterans Keith Emerson and Greg Lake pulled the plug on their gig Thursday night at Lakewood Civic Auditorium at the last minute. Fans were already in their seats when it was announced that the concert was off, with no explanation given.

There were reports of an argument between Emerson and Lake before the show. Both musicians were members of Emerson, Lake and Palmer, a band with a long history of infighting.

A tour publicist was unable to give a reason for the cancellation.

This was to be the first stop on a 20-date North American tour for Emerson and Lake. They also cancelled dates tonight in Glenside, Pa., and Saturday night in Ridgefield, Conn.

"We deeply regret the cancellation of the show and fully understand that fans have been eagerly awaiting this highly anticipated reunion of Keith Emerson and Greg Lake," the duo's management said in a statement issued Friday afternoon. "Everything possible was and is being done to ensure this tour's success. Performers and management apologize to each and every fan who purchased tickets for the first three shows."

The tour now is expected to commence Monday night in Annapolis, Md.

It remains unclear if the gig here will be rescheduled. Ticket refunds are available at point of purchase. Those who purchased tickets at the auditorium should call concert promoter Live Nation at (440) 247-2722.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer had been set to reunite in July for a 40th-anniversary show in London.

22. ziggysane

ziggysane Forum Resident

I was going to drive 2.5 hours or so myself but I opted out of buying tickets because I had class on Friday morning and would have driven back fairly late. I'm somewhat reassured that I didn't end up missing anything, but I'm sorry man, that all really sucks. I knew some people who missed that one Radiohead show a few years ago because of a traffic jam who had driven 6-8 hours to attend, and they were pretty pissed.

Also, does anyone else think that the daggers explanation had to be a late April-fools joke?

23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Pardon me if I missed something here (admittedly, I haven't read the entire thread), but is it fair to say that several shows have been canceled with no real reason given? Have they performed ANY shows yet? Is it likely the entire tour's gonna be scrapped?

I'm interested in facts, not heresay or rumors.

24. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

Facts: The first 3 shows have been canceled with ZERO explanation(s) given and the tour is supposed to resume on Monday.

25. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I purchased tickets for the Phoenix area show on Thursday night, so I certainly hope the tour has started/is still going by then, but who knows for sure? It seems a bit absurd they would take the expense of rounding up the equipment and crew, not to mention book everything, only to cancel the whole tour. If there is a health issue, that is, of course, another story. We shall see...:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.