Keith Emerson & Greg Lake 2010 USA Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spotlightkid, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Thanks!

2. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I would doubt they want to give up the payday of the NY shows next week but who knows?
    I keep getting emails from Live Nation that say nothing. 3 of them today that say <#SN_FREITEXT>
    in the body of the message. No link. No attachment. Weird.

3. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

Keith Emerson & Greg Lake 4/1/2010 Rescheduled Tickets
    All Ages
    Thursday 4/08/10 at 7:30 PM
    Lakewood Civic Auditorium
    Lakewood, OH

This concert has been rescheduled. If you bought a ticket and cannot attend, please contact Customer Service.

http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/417850

Great...my wife took off two days of work this past week, she'll just take off two more - no problem! What's another $200 for a hotel? At least gasoline is free now.

:rolleyes:

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

...and Keith can't find his Lems.

5. Dave C

Dave C Forum Resident

E-mail from Keith Emerson....

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I must apologize for the very last-minute cancellation of the show in Lakewood, and also of Glenside and Ridgefield shows, and for my absence of an issuance of any sort of statement.

The production we had hoped to put on was lacking in its musical and technical preparations. I was too distraught and embarrassed to come on stage to perform or even to announce the sudden cancellation myself, and to issue a statement immediately. What we were embarking upon was completely new ventures for both of us. I could not appear in front of an audience with high-expectations so unprepared. At that particular time, the quality of music I wished to present was more important to me than my reputation or financial gain. I now realize fully that the decision had a devastating effect on many including fans, my crew, staff, the promoters and the venues.

I will make every effort to fulfill our commitments to fans and friends at the re-scheduled dates in May for the cancelled shows.

I realize that I have disappointed my loyal fans. I know that many of you have traveled afar, used your precious vacation days, and spent your hard-earned money just to see the show. I am very sorry not only to those who came to Lakewood and those who bought tickets for Glenside and Ridgefield shows, but also all fans for whom I have deep respect.

I hope you can accept us delivering good shows, starting on Monday, April 5 in Annapolis, as a form of sincere apology.

Keith Emerson
    Annapolis, 3 April 2010

(Please note that this is my personal letter to my fans. An official joint statement to be issued soon.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. comes_a_time

comes_a_time Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this!

7. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

The mud begins to fly:

From Greg Lake's website:

UPDATE: Official Statement from Greg Lake

To all my friends and fans: It is with great sadness that we were forced to cancel our shows in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Connecticut.

I am pleased Keith has admitted the reasons behind the cancellation, and I trust we can leave it at that.

The performance was ready; many of you heard or saw the sound check. Keith and I are both perfectionists.

You will see that Keith has released a statement on his site explaining he felt the need to cancel because of his worry that he couldn't perform up to standard. Keith is not the first performer to have experienced stage fright, and my heart goes out to him.

This has been a difficult time and we are now moving forward with a show we both believe is technically and musically wonderful. The crew and performers rehearsed non stop through February and March. I have dedicated my life to trying to make you happy through my music and nothing saddens me more than to see that you have been disappointed by anything I was involved in. Please accept that these cancellations were entirely beyond my control and know that I am doing everything possible to ensure that these shows are rescheduled as soon as possible.

I am looking forward to seeing each of you again. I take my fans, music, and personal and professional reputation very seriously.

Thank you for all your kindness and support.

Greg Lake
    April 4, 2010

http://www.greglake.com/tour_tour.html

8. Runt

Runt Senior Member

Jeez, talk about covering your a**...for all anybody knows, Keith wasn't happy with Lake's shot voice, and didn't want to go out on stage and be embarrassed.

9. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

<I am pleased Keith has admitted the reasons behind the cancellation, and I trust we can leave it at that.>

Interesting Greg Lake uses the word "admitted."

10. Norbert Becker

Norbert Becker Senior Member

I found Keith's apology very sincere.

Then I read Greg's and thought there is something going on here. This is very unusual to hear such divergent explanations....

11. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Does anyone plan on going to tomorrows show?

If so, the spotlights on you to report back to us all:D

12. JohnG

All this stuff going on makes next weeks shows in NY must see's. "Embarrassed" to go on stage? After all these years of performing? Plus I would have to imagine ELP fans are very forgiving.

13. Sounds more like someone had to dry out, but we'll see. Open mind.

14. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

I'd love to see em. Unfortunately they aren't playing down here with the aligators in the Everglades.

15. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Wow, this is so scary. With Argent reforming and ELP on the same setlist playing this summer in the UK I was thinking about mortgaging the house to go see two of my favorite bands this summer.

Emerson and Lake haven't always been the best of friends but actually my concern was for Greg Lake. He has put on a lot of weight and if you see the Montreux DVD filmed in July 1997 you can see how he was really struggling to keep up with the others.

Now I know these shows are suppose to be "different", like an unplugged but in some cases it can even bring out more the flaws, whether it's Lake voice or Emerson's limitation of playing due to well documented health reasons. Either case this and going to the UK this summer doesn't look good.

Rick A.

16. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Keith has battled with bouts of stage fright over the years. Could be a reccurance?

17. comes_a_time

comes_a_time Forum Resident

I think there's something deeper going on that neither of them wants to admit in public.

Anyway, hope they put on a good show when the tour starts.

18. slunky

slunky Forum Resident

I wonder if tonight's show went on as scheduled ?

19. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

From Progressive Ears:

Emerson and Lake onstage killin' it.. premiere perf. of a 1969 classic and more! First show of first tour as duo...
    14 minutes ago via Twitterrific

20. JohnG

Good to see the tour is back on. Looking forward to Friday night.

21. serge

serge Forum Resident

I find Greg Lake's statement extremely ungracious...

22. appledan

appledan Resident Rockist

:rolleyes: :o

23. asturias

asturias Forum Resident

24. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

25. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

I Talk To The Wind :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.