Led Zeppelin - 2007 Show (DVD/CD)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I would have gone with Jimmy duet with Puddle of Mudd & Limp Bizkit, the Yardbirds milkshake radio ad or Plant's coke ad. Rolf Harris cover is up there too.

3. BongRattlingBass

BongRattlingBass Forum Resident

I wish Jimmy would of done some of those action sequences that P-Doody did instead of appearing on a jumbotron strumming his guitar. That would of been epic!

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah do not like the drum sound on HTWWW.

5. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Their vinyl catalogue would do 100,000 copies a year with no end in sight.

6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

http://youtu.be/a8v_Rqi4B-E

7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Yesterday I was talking to the guy who runs my local used record store - they can't keep used Zep vinyl in stock - when they get a clean copy of one of the studio albums, they put it out for $15-$18 (this is of course not even taking into consideration "R.L." and "Porky" pressings, and minutiae that not even this guy who runs a record store is clued into) and they're gone in a day.

This was my experience when I worked in a used record store as well - their used LPs sell, and sell quick. There's a new generation of sixteen-year-old boys every year that gets into Zep.

I agree that their vinyl catalog would sell, and sell big, if Zep and Atlantic would re-license it to someone.

8. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

Here is my post from 2007 on the keys of the songs from the O2 show. I checked these tracks with my guitar in hand. With so many songs in lower registers it made Plant's decision not to tour (with "Zep") after the O2 show that much more understandable. Even so, I'm looking forward to the new dvd and really want to see how they've handled the very dazed and confused ending of the guitar solo in "Dazed and Confused".

--------------------------------------------------------------

'Good Times Bad Times'- whole step down
    'Ramble On'- whole step down
    'Black Dog'- whole step down
    'In My Time Of Dying'- original key as 70's live versions (whole step down from the studio version)
    'For Your Life'- original key
    'Trampled Under Foot'- original key
    'Nobody's Fault But Mine'- whole step down
    'No Quarter'- whole step down from previous 70's live version, half step down from studio recording (was the studio recording slowed down?)
    'Since I've Been Loving You'- original key
    'Dazed And Confused'- whole step down
    'Stairway To Heaven'- whole step down
    'The Song Remains The Same'- whole step down
    'Misty Mountain Hop'- original key
    'Kashmir'- original key
    'Whole Lotta Love'- original key
    ‘Rock And Roll’- whole step down

That's 9 songs tuned down, and 7 left in the key they usually played them back in the 70's.

9. patsdelight

patsdelight Forum Resident

Yes. Page decided to slow the tape down a half-step to make it "heavier", IIRC.

(Also, as far as the ending of Dazed and Confused, I'm gonna bet they either A - leave the song out entirely, or B - tidy it up with some audio and possibly video from the dress rehearsal. No way does it come out "as is".)

10. BPrice

BPrice Senior Member

#FAIL

Back on topic, this is awesome news, if true! It's about time for something "new" out of the Zeppelin archives! I've heard a lot of live Zeppelin, and this show is really very good. Plant hits a note in SIBLY that I swear he hasn't hit since '72. And Kashmir? Just wait.

I did notice that the official Led Zeppelin Facebook page said "Hello" today. That's probably a good sign.

11. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

I would bet they do a "fix" on "Dazed". It's not like that hasn't happened before in the annals of Zepdom. They can't just drop that song, IMO. That's what started it all.

And, as awesome sounding as "Kashmir" was at the O2, doesn't JPJ miss the cue for the first ascending line near the end of the song? I bet that gets fixed too.

12. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

It makes sense why the rehearsals were recorded..... To fly in fixes from them for a potential DVD/BD (+audio?) release of the 02 show.

13. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

And ironically the only note he really flubbed was when he didn't reach the "lady" in "there walks a lady we all know" in Stairway, which was tuned down.

14. peteham

peteham Senior Member

15. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I saw that, and asked about the O2 release as a response. I didn't get one, as far as I could see, but I wondered if the greeting was warm-up to judge their numbers, see how quickly the responses came, etc, and after pondering it a while, I've convinced myself some announcement's coming soon.

16. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

If the O2 reunion show is being put out,I wonder if it will be on Vinyl too?
    Until it`s announced I guess there`s still the possibility of both the O2 and a vintage Zep audio only cd set being released at the same time.It would really be interesting to hear what another engineer would do with some live Zeppelin with besides Kevin Shirley.But they did put out HTWWW and the DVD on the same day.They also released Mothership and the Song Remains the same at once.Why not the O2 and Japan`71?

17. THERE IS NO LED ZEPPELIN WITHOUT THE GREAT JOHN BONHAM

18. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Obviously the three remaining members and Bonzo's family (who also need to approve any commercial use of the name "Led Zeppelin") disagree.

19. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Rather watch the Page and Black Crowes shows. The 2007 show was okay, but more a curiosity than a great performance.

20. musicalbeds

Were the clouds too busy to yell at today?

21. musicalbeds

I can't get into the Crowes/page stuff for more than one song.

22. nojmplease

nojmplease Host, You Can't Unhear This

Ugh, talk about sterile and uninspired. I'd take even the O2 show any day.

23. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

24. Murph

Murph Enjoy every sandwich!

I saw this too. On LZ's Facebook page, they posted just the word "Five" in the Houses of the Holy font. As cryptic as ever.

25. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

I don't agree with that at all.

There may have been some "powder" floating around at that point amongst members (not Jimmy), but Chris does a really nice job with Robert's parts and the shows come off very nicely.

I will say this, however. When they do Black Crowes songs, they play them at LIGHT SPEED, which what lead me to believe the appearance of the white pony in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.