Mobile Fidelity Announces Bob Dylan and Miles Davis Titles

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by deadcoldfish, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

Oh you bet, I will be buying it to compare (45RPM).

I have all the Miles JSACDs available, I will probably be passing on the MFSL SACDs.

2. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Saw that The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan is shipping. Does anyone have or intend to order this?

3. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Thought about it but I have the Dylan mono vinyl box and I'm happy with it. I might wait for some reviews and decide later.

4. Norm Apter

Norm Apter Well-Known Member In Memoriam

Finally!

I just received word that the very first of the three Miles Davis SACDs I ordered some 7 months ago, Milestones MFSL SACD, shipped today from Music Direct. Placed my pre-order in late December so its been a long wait with the other release dates (Kind of Blue, In A Silent Way) still listed as TBA but I am overjoyed that at least I'll be getting this one in about 2 days! (the only Bob Dylan title I ordered, Blood on the Tracks SACD, also has a release date still listed as TBA)

5. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

Blood on the tracks release date is already on Amazon, but we have been dissapointed many times to open a bottle. Let's wait and see.....

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Here's my guess

Rainy day women
    Pledging my time

Visions of Johanna

Sooner or later
    I want you

Memphis blues

Leopard skin PBH
    Just like a woman

Most likely
    Temporary like...

Fourth time
    Obviously

Sad eyed lady

7. Jazz Nut

Jazz Nut Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up :righton:

I just placed an order for Milestones and a Nat King Cole SACD (After Midnight), Milestones has always been a favorite, so it will be awesome to hear MoFi's remastering. VERY excited!!!!

8. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

There was a recent thread from someone who had the Freewheelin' LP and said it was fantastic.

9. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

10. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Ah, I got an e-mail confirmation today from FedEx that something shipped from Music Direct. It must be Milestones. :)

11. I said stunning not fantastic.:wave:

Tons better than through a AM radio in a 66 Impala!!:D

12. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Another Joel SACD title shipped according to their email update (Glass Houses) along with the Davis SACD.

13. KeithH

Correct. The FedEX e-mail message only indicated that something had shipped from Music Direct. I received that message yesterday. This morning, I received confirmation from Music Direct that both Milestones and Glass Houses had shipped.

14. Jazz Nut

Jazz Nut Forum Resident

I will be getting it on Thursday, I can't wait!!! I'll post a short review after listening to it.

15. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

You are correct saying I am correct, that is why I posted both were shipping.

:pineapple:

16. KeithH

I was simply confirming that MusicDirect had actually shipped me both titles. They arrived today, but I haven't had a chance to crack them open yet. Hopefully tomorrow night.

17. Norm Apter

Norm Apter Well-Known Member In Memoriam

I just received the Milestones MOFI mono SACD (#110) and am listening to it now. Sounds wonderful and nicely balanced -- detailed without the glare on the Sony 2001 remaster. Unfortunately my main SACD player is currently at the repair shop in Laredo, TX so I'm just listening to it on a cheap Sony BDP-S80 Bluray/SACD player through my home theater system but it still sounds great. I've always loved this one (along with Someday My Prince Will Come and Miles Smiles) but thought the 2001 Sony remaster was a bit hot, and has luck would have it my red border Miles Smiles also arrived which I'm also hoping is an improvement over the late 90s remaster.

Haven't gotten to "Billy Boy" yet...really looking forward to hearing Red Garland's wonderful piano work on that one. I can't wait to play this on my SCDXA5400ES when it comes back from the shop, but so far so good.

18. Jazz Nut

Jazz Nut Forum Resident

Thanks for the short impression. Mine is on the FedEx truck as we speak, and I can't wait to hear this remaster!!!! I may swing by my house to pick it up before my evening gig, if not, I will listen to it after. EXCITED!

19. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Jealous here. Waiting impatiently for the vinyl to ship from SoundStage Direct. An incredible album, overshadowed by Kind of Blue but just the coolest of the cool. It's going to be great to finally kick my fake stereo vinyl version to the curb and dive into the Mofi mono.

20. Purplerocks

Purplerocks Forum Resident

I just ordered Milestones MOFI mono SACD today; can't wait.

21. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I'm going to have to listen to that Sony SACD again. I never thought it was anything but excellent. (5400 also)

22. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

The Sony SACD (Japanese release only) which I also have is stereo. The MOFI is Mono - so I'm not sure how any true comparison can be done.

I will have the MOFI SACD tomorrow. Will post impressions as soon as possible after that.

23. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Yes, SACD SME. I guess it is stereo - I sure know it's not multichannel or a hybrid.

Agreed. I'm just trying to recall "glare" on the SME disc.

24. KeithH

I'm thinking Norm compared the MFSL SACD to the 2001 Sony remastered CD.

25. e630940

e630940 Well-Known Member

..never heard an 'audiophile grade' Milestones - but I believe in miracles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.