New Dinosaur Jr CD and tour!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spice9, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

Mascis would be grinning ear to ear if he heard this. :D

2. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam

I sleep better at night knowing that Dudley Morris is always kicking rock and roll a$s somewhere on this planet. :cool:

Jeff

3. Thank yew, thank yew very much, I try to do what I can when I can...

Anyway, a related aside: this pub (which is less than two blocks from my apartment) has one of those networked jukeboxes linked to a central database that can upload on request all sorts of different music for its hard drive. The available selection is prety diverse. So now thanks to my intervention, patrons can be regaled with selections from Dino Jr's albums between Bug and Farm, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless, PiL's Metal Box, Coltrane's Blue Train and Giant Steps, and Guided By Voices's two TVT albums! Alas nothing from Matador acts, but you can't have everything.

4. onlysleeping

onlysleeping Forum Resident

Just got this on vinyl and its very closed in sounding. Any recommendations on changing the EQ to make this sound a bit better? I was thinking of doing a needledrop and applying some minor EQ to bring the sound out a bit more.

5. THD

THD Forum Resident

I know nothing of needledrops and EQ, but would LOVE to hear your results. I have Farm on vinyl and have listened to the CD version. It's just a terrible mastering - thin and shrill, dull to listen to at low volumes and painful at high volumes. I still love it!!!!!

Sadly the way it sounds has pretty much relegated it to my car, where I have bass and treble controls, and midlevel car audio that is very forgiving of most music.

6. japes

japes Senior Member

I'll be in LA in early November for a conference and part of my trip will consist of seeing Dinosaur Jr. at the House of Blues on 11/5.

I can't wait.

7. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

D. Jr is one of the bands that I still dont know :sigh: and always have in mind "I need listen that band"
    anybody can teach me? with which album can I start?
    I like a lot the SST bands so, the early stuff is better?
    the cover with the bad ass girl is great!

8. bluelips

bluelips Forum Resident

"you're living all over me" is generally considered their best. can't go wrong with that one.

9. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

thank you, I try it soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.