Post Your LZII RL Vinyl Pictures Here

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by buckeye1010, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddycook

paddycook Senior Member

Who mastered the non RL versions?

2. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

I believe George Piros at Atlantic mastered some of the cuts.

3. serge

serge Forum Resident

I cannot believe I have yet to find one.. I mean I've been scouring bins for 8 years now....

It just really boggles the mind...

4. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

I had zero chance of finding one over here. That's where the forum classifieds come in so handy! :thumbsup:

5. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

I found one for $7.99 in VG++ condition this past October.

Don't give up! :righton:

6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Yes, or in fact have 2 or 3 or 4 of them it appears from the first couple of posts.

This thread is all about showing off that elusive minty RL that only a few have.

:laugh:

But you could do what some have done, and convince yourself that the Canadian or the Classic Records issue it just about the same thing for sound quality.

7. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

Mine ain't minty.

8. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

I found an EX/VG++ copy locally for $12 in the past couple years at a record store that usually knows better. One of the many reasons I keep going back! RL at 10 O'Clock, not a great picture but the best I could get for now...
    [​IMG]

9. SCOTT1234

SCOTT1234 Senior Member

My copy is identical to your Presswell pressing. It's one of the very few LPs I own which I can play quite happily despite it having a few scratches. Thankfully it has no groove damage and sounds great.

10. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

Looney tunes, on long island, NY. They usually know better as to what they are selling. There was no price sticker and when the guy said 299 I was afraid he'd meant $299 :p I scored epicly that day. Got a UK beatles EP (first press!), an original prestige jazz LP for a quarter, some other great things.. Man I love that store.

11. dh3rm3

dh3rm3 Forum Resident

Here is my RL copy.
    Atlantic SD 8236 - (RL Cut both sides)
    deadwax reads :
    side 1 : AT - ST - A - 691671 - C - RL - WL - W
    side 2 : w - ST - A - 691672 - A - LW - AT - RL

Visually near mint, plays EX+, just a very few surface noise on the second part of Whole Lotta Love for a few seconds. Otherwise as silent as I could dream.
    I've been lucky to find this one for $60 a few months ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. rednax

rednax Forum Resident

Wow... was not expecting this today, but... did I just find what I think I found?

Attached Files:

13. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

Man no kidding. I'm drooling right now. :thumbsup:

14. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I would never lay an LP jacket across a rare LP in nice condition like that, but that's just me. I like my LPs to stay stone mint, and look new forever.

15. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

I don't own a turntable, but I still enjoy looking at these pics!

16. rednax

rednax Forum Resident

I can assure you, there was an inner sleeve between the vinyl and jacket which is hard to tell from the photo. Nonetheless, I appreciate your concern. :thumbsup:

17. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

:agree:
    I got mine from here too!

18. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

I realise this post was from last year, but since someone's bumped the thread, I thought I'd mention that I found a VG+ RL at Egg Records in Newtown about four months ago. The owner regularly goes on buying trips to the States, and after one such trip there were about half a dozen LZIIs in the bins. One of them just happened to be an RL (with the skinny deadwax on side 2). Set me back 30 smackers. The other copies were all the same price or a little more. Clearly neither the shop owner, nor the person from whom he bought it, realised the significance.

19. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

Wonders never cease. Nice score!

I might have to make a little visit soon. :thumbsup:

20. abescan

abescan Forum Resident

I have a UK 1st pressing but not the US Robert Ludwig one. Which one sounds better?

21. icirider

icirider Forum Resident

I guess mine's a tale that can be told.....it was threads like this that sunk me. You can see from my low post count that I'm not classified-eligible as of yet. Didn't want to post drivel to drive it up, but I did want to check for an rl. Which relegated me to ebay. I found a needledrop which gave me enough of a taste to want the vinyl badly. Ignorantly bought a German copy for way too much money with the Ludwig mastering on Side 1 only, which in hindsight was the worst move I could make. The difference is so palpable that I had no choice but to find a double-sided asap. Looked at every record store in town, no dice. So I threw down the three figures and got a copy in very good (plus plus) shape, and it arrived yesterday. As somebody said, after all this isn't just any record. So the wallet stings a bit, but all in all, it was worth it. It's got to be the best sounding record in my collection.

shiverbones likes this.
  22. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

and that other German side(2) is truly awful. It's like someone put the best ever version c/w the worst ever version.

23. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

You got to wonder whether Jimmy Page is aware of all the fuss about this pressing. Are'nt all the Zeppelin vinyls out of print now?

24. icirider

icirider Forum Resident

The seller didn't make it clear that only side one was rl......but I didn't make a fuss about it. I probably should have sent it back. There's a tiny little "jump" in Whole Lotta Love also.

25. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

After all these years, I am still trying to find one of these in the used bins in clean, playable condition...still looking. Nice pics of these in the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.