Really poor experience with ImportCDs (Amazon Marketplace seller)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Chris M, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montejay

montejay Forum Resident

I have the email that not only shows this as their policy but asked me to reorder at their new higher price

Do you not expect to receive what you ordered at the price they sold it to you at?
    More reason to offer good customer service

I believe that going through Amazon keeps these people honest. Dealing direct with them seems to be where the problems start.

2. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Had a hiccup early on but went back after a while and have had no problems. I go through their own site direct but use Paypal.
    Even good packing on a vinyl box set.

3. montejay

montejay Forum Resident

:goodie:Reordered the AF CSN after all my frustration over this title with the other company :thumbsdn:.
    Ordered on Amazon on December 27 and received No. 2627 on January 3 for the same amount with free shipping (order over 25 bucks!)
    That is how a internet seller conducts their business!

A final note to all who use CDimport. I am still waiting for my pre-order of The Dream Weaver they said shipped out mid december!

4. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

I placed an order with Importcds at 11am this morning. It shipped less than 6 hours later! Every order I've ever placed with them has shipped withn 24 hours.

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

It was the AF Dream Weaver, right?

6. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Quirky yet above average experiences

Just started using Importcds from their main site.

As I found out through experience, service and biz model is different than most online retailers, shipping is above average (ships quick!) yet quirky. Also as I found out, they do not aggregate ship, that is, they do not wait 'till they have all items from a single order. They ship when items come in real time. In this day and age, that's refreshing.

Have not tried to e-mail them yet. But there may be a time when I have to.

Now for the quirks: The second shipment from original order: When they sent me a tracking number, it said it was from FedEx. The number actually came from the U.S. Postal service!

The First shipment from original order: tracking number sent, but no reference if from UPS, FedEx or USPS! It was from FedEx after I got it delivered.

They are getting better with tracking and you are always kept in loop with automated e-mail updates when items ship. So I give them high praise with just a little eye glaze. Ha! :)

From my original order, the AF Dylan Hits remains in standby mode...Aug. 7, the latest date, I recall.

Will have to check out the importCDs version via Amazon and do the "apples and oranges" thing. :)

Edit: Based on their shipping method, recommend using Credit Card over PayPal.

7. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

I contacted them late last year and told them I wanted to order $2,000 of discs and asked if I could get a discount. They said no. I thought that was lame but not a deal breaker. Many of the 100+ discs arrived with cracked cases, some with damaged inserts. I returned those but some of the replacements were also cracked. I recall returning one of those, with delivery confirmation, that was never replaced or refunded. They just blew me off when I emailed about it. After dropping $2,000. They may have low prices. But never again for me. :thumbsdn:

8. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Never had this happen to me but sounds like you are getting a raw deal here.

9. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Did you pay by CC and if so then didn't you make a claim against them? Personally I would have. My biggest probs with a seller recently have been with cdbaby but thats another story.

10. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I dealt with them only three times through AMazon, and they were quickly added to my "do not buy from" list shortly after. Their customer service was terrible, and they sent the wrong item 2 out of the 3 times I ordered from them.

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Happy Birthday ! :wave:

12. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I have been buying from them since the $76 dollar Aqualung box deal last October and their prices are less than Amazon more times than not and have had zero problems.

The lady in customer service is always helpful as well.

13. fiendish_thingy

fiendish_thingy Forum Resident

I've ordered from them through Amazon I don't know how many times without issue, shipping to Canada. Hope my luck continues to hold out, but I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on my orders with them.

14. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I've purchased a lot from them with no problems so far.

Well, if there's a problem, it's that digipaks are invariably flattened flat during shipping, resulting in spine creasing, due to the very tight cardboard mailer they use for individual CDs. But in terms of actually getting what I ordered, I've never had a problem.

I notice that I'm billed by "CD Listening Bar" or something, not ImportCDs.

15. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

I too have purchased from Import CD's via Amazon Marketplace many times without issue. However, I have just received a CD from them that was sold as new & sealed and yet it is clearly not new, but a re-sealed CD. The sticker residue on the jewel case is the dead giveaway, as well as the scuff marks on the jewel case.

Selling re-sealed CD's as new seems to be a growing trend as I've also received obviously re-sealed CD's from Newbury Comics and MovieMars-CDs.
    Buyer beware indeed.

16. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I've ordered from them several times. I ordered an import CD that was advertised like new, but wasn't. I just let it go, it was inexpensive and I found a better copy elsewhere. Sometimes they're a little slower with delivery than I'd like but not too bad. I've never had to contact them for customer service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.