Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle 30th Anniversary remaster

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abacab

Abacab Forum Resident

I have resisted buying it because of the Dolby Digital. It is unfortunate there is no SACD.

2. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville

I bought this used a couple of days ago and like Claus, I find the CD to be surprisingly very good! If you can't afford the DCC gold, this is a very nice "silver medal" runner up version.

I'm gonna delve into the 5.1 later this week!

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The 5.1 is KILLER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: The documentary with Steve in his shop is cool too.

4. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville

Yeah it's gonna be a blast to hear, I can't wait!

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The "tick-tock-tick do-do-dodo" goes from channel to channel to channel...:agree:

6. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Has anybody compared this 2006 30th Anniversary Edition with the 2010 Special Edition issued by Edsel? It looks like the packaging is different but does anyone know if the actual mix/master of either the CD or the DVD differs?

7. phoenixhwy1982

phoenixhwy1982 The Last Cowboy

Ok, I just dug up my copy of this 30th anniversary edition and rediscovered why it ended up with no play over the last year or so and in the rejects bin (it's worthless because the cheap paper case already has serious wear and the cheap disc holder teeth fell out).

The whole thing has been compressed to no end on this remaster. There is virtually no dynamic range left, the bass is all in my ears and I'm getting a headache just from a couple of songs. Then when I try to really crank it it begins to clip. This anniversary edition is complete junk from the audio standpoint.

I haven't tried the 5.1 though, but the redbook is junk. I mostly care about the redbook because 90% of my music play is in the car.

8. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I mainly bought it for the concert DVD and was not disappointed.

Myke likes this.
  9. phoenixhwy1982

phoenixhwy1982 The Last Cowboy

The concert is good, I watched it once. It is a very good show indeed.

10. Just get the DCC its unmatched, I got it for 15 bucks online.

11. Abacab

Abacab Forum Resident

Where did you find it for $15? Loons on eBay are offering it for upwards of $600.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.