The Joshua Tree 20th Anniversary edition on the way

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claudio Dirani, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayB

JayB Senior Member

The MFSL beats the original & remaster IMO

2. heavyd

heavyd Forum Resident

I have the MFSL and the Japan 1st press, which is slightly better than the MFSL, but I'm almost tempted to buy this one...Lord help me! Three copies of one CD? Obsessive for sure :)

3. +1

4. CaptainFantastic

CaptainFantastic New Member

I have the remastered The Joshua Tree double disc set and it sounds great.

If you're a music lover I highly recommend the double CD set.

The second CD has some excellent music on it. It could have been an album on it's own.

5. MusicFan76

MusicFan76 Forum Resident

The audio of the '87 Paris concert DVD is now available as a full live album download at iTunes, though it is missing a few songs...Stand By Me, Help and C'mon Everybody.

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Was this a fanclub cd release or am I thinking of the Sydney fanclub CD?

7. tcj

tcj Senior Member

The Paris show is available on DVD as part of the ultra-mega super-deluxe Joshua Tree. Just buy that and rip the audio with your favorite DVD-audio ripper rather than get stinky Itunes files.

8. MusicFan76

MusicFan76 Forum Resident

The last fan club release was the Sydney show from Zoo TV...

9. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

I finally bought this... 25€ delivered was a good deal...

I too have reservations about the flimsy cardboard inside and the sleeves the discs come in, but this set is how deluxe editions should be... original record, plus b-sides and outtakes, and a contemporary live show... brilliant!
    The book is actually very nice too...

When this album came out it was the first time I'd ever heard about this U2 band and I hated them because a) I was a metal-only kid, and b) I hated anything that would come out on top-40-type radio and/or was embraced by the masses...

Little did I know, by the time Achtung Baby came out my ears had already opened a bit and I found myself liking a few songs off it... which prompted me to buy the LP when I saw it cheap, and after a few complete listens I ended up loving it from top to bottom... That way I got interested in their past records (including Joshua Tree & Rattle And Hum, the ones I hated because of my prejudices), became a big fan and started attending their concerts...

Listening now and thinking about 1987, it's cool to see how Joshua Tree was such a massive hit at the time when it didn't sound one iota like other successful records of that era... It's pretty much your basic rock configuration (voice/guitar/bass/drums), with hardly any embellishments and certainly far removed from the synths-everywhere approach that was so common then... And that's also why it doesn't sound dated...

10. THD

THD Forum Resident

Apologies if this was answered earlier in the thread, I couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me if the the 2LP vinyl is sourced from the tapes or digital? Thanks.

11. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

yup and thats what I've done. I got this box as a gift just last week and its a beautiful looking and sounding set IMHO.

I just ripped the audio off the dvd and a bonus live concert on my ipod in lossless. can't beat that...it's keeping my just ripped Popmart concert company...:love:

12. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

Or so I thought!

The week No Line On The Horizon was released I was in Britain, and paying a visit to the good old Fopp store I found they had a few of the Joshua Tree big boxes for a tenner each... *sigh*

Typical!

13. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

Did not want to start a new thread and I believe The Joshua Tree is the latest special edition......so any word of special editions of Rattle & Hum and later albums?

14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Achtung Baby is supposedly getting the deluxe reissue treatment this year.

15. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

That would be great (they all would be great).

16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

This is the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby's release; there have been a lot of rumors that a deluxe edition will be released this year.

While that would be great, I hope they don't skip Rattle and Hum completely. I would like to see a deluxe Rattle and Hum with the original album, all of the b-sides from the period, and a bonus full live album from 1987/88.

17. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I remember RATTLE & HUM having a buncha great b-sides.

18. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Yeah, it did. "Hallelujah, Here She Comes" and "A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel" probably should have made the album.

19. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

A remastered 180g vinyl version of "Rattle And Hum" exists as an import, but I haven't heard anything regarding its quality.

20. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

Just picked up the Super Deluxe Edition (normally $54.00) on Amazon on one of their lighning deals for $22.99.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.