The Joshua Tree 20th Anniversary edition on the way

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claudio Dirani, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karmageddon

Karmageddon The Vinyl Advocate

Yes but the band does back him up entirely.

Hell they should have put the Sun City version of S&G on the bonus disc as well.

Maybe the also live version of Maggie's Farm?
    Baby, Please Come Home For Christmas?

These were the same era/sessions too, weren't they?

2. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

INXS and U2 were so huge here in australia at that time, that I used to get the two confused..(I was pretty young though)!

3. filper

filper Forum Resident

I am really looking forward to this release. My all time favourite album.

It will be nice to hear it complete with all the B sides (even though I made my own with needledrops from the 12" singles and the original LP).

I hope they use the original LP artwork. It is art.

Attached Files:

4. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

The You Tube clip is from the Hippodrome which is an outdoor venue (=horse racing track) west of Paris as opposed to Le Zenith (located in the Parc de la Villette) which is indoors (and is a 5,000 seater) ...
    Can't wait to get my hands on that remaster.

5. dee

dee Senior Member

Yes, Sun City Silver and Gold would be a nice additon as well, imo. I agree. Didn't Keef Richards and Ronnie Wood play on this as well?

If there is a deluxe Unforgettable Fire, I think they should include the Amnesty Show on DVD - and Maggie's Farm - as well as more concert footage from the 84-85 tour. There's a couple pro shot shows that have been circulating for a long time. Also, Bad and Sort Of Homecoming - the live performance/soundcheck audio/video from the Wide Awake EP. I suppose I'm jumping ahead!:goodie:

C'mon Everybody was performed live on the JT Tour, I think, maybe even at the same Paris concert they are releasing?

I enjoy Baby Please Come Home as well.

6. Stateless

Stateless New Member

They actually did on the British CD. I got it in London around 2002. I'm not sure if it is the original issue, but it is the standard CD in the UK now. The pic below is from the Amazon UK site. I'm thinking that they may have used the blurry pic on the US CD cover because they had a that landscape cover shot on the long box. Once they ditched the long box, we were stuck with the blurry booklet cover. Just speculating though. Maybe they liked the blurry pic.

Attached Files:

7. I'm happy with the MoFi gold disc's sound. I doubt they'll improve on it. I agree about the need for more music less DVD.

8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I'm all about the DVD, personally. I already own the album on vinyl and CD. I'm not buying the reissue for the original eleven songs, I'll put it that way.

9. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

The original cover shot for the LP was always far superior if you ask me.
    I never could understand why they used that crappy blurry photo on the CD's booklet cover.

10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I always thought it was sort of a cool collector variant. That CD cover was one of the very first "CD specific" covers, iirc.

11. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

I believe the CD booklet, CD longbox, cassette, and vinyl all had different photos, IIRC. Also, that newer UK CD issue is severely cropped! That's not the original vinyl's "widescreen aspect ratio." (The MFSL's cover is pretty close.)

12. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish Señor Member

I don't like it.

13. EwaWoowa

EwaWoowa Sexiest Monkey Ever...

Bump...

Any new news on this, it seem to have gone a bit quiet?

Do we have a CD2 tracklistng yet, or any confirmation on the DVD?

14. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Can't answer your question, but here's a link to get your "Womanfish" fix until the DE is released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUZ_pWgDWgQ

15. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall Thread Starter

According to U2 on their U2 by U2 book, they never got round to record a proper studio version of the song.

16. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Its all rumors at this point, we are far from getting a tracklist

17. I would, however, like to see a DVD-A with videos...that would be interesting. If I could get a vintage concert from the same tour on DVD I would definintely be interested in that...I just don't want the filler that we often get on these Cd/DVD re-releases where we get a sprinkling of decent (and sometimes not) material but hardly enough to justify buying it again.

18. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish Señor Member

Funny - I don't really enjoy watching live stuff - no wonder so many people are upset with reissues ;)

19. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

from atu2.com....
    Nice addition with Outside It's America :thumbsup:
    Too bad we have to wait :(

20. Claudio Dirani

I don't think this waiting will be that bad...I've got a load of stuff to get this Christmas!

21. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Sooo....how much like a piece of sausage is this gonna look?

22. Claudio Dirani

:confused: Pardon?

23. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: :p

24. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

The soundwave scans are gonna be brutal-looking, imho. Digital compression out the wazoo...

25. Claudio Dirani

I'd pay a nice amount of bucks for this baby, if that was the "sausage" point...
    I mean, we all complain about the infamous anniversary issues that never come around (aka Pepper's) so when we get one of those, it's kind of priceless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.