What are Micro Dynamics in music? Beatles Tony Sheridan Polydor era vs. Parlophone..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espen R

Espen R Senior Member

Steve, how you describe transient snap/micro dynamics here, is how I hear the difference between DSD and PCM 16/44.1.

Toady I listened to Oscar Peterson Trio, Live at Olympia, Paris 1961-62….wonderful micro dynamics!
    From the booklet: "Because DSD provide such wide dynamic range, we have set the peak level on this recording slightly lower compared to normal recordings. We suggest that you turn up the volume, in order to enjoy the full impact of this system's dynamic sound".

It's really sad that the average user here at your forum probably would pick "brothers in arms" as an example of a dynamic recording, reading that it has a DR 14-19 at the Dynamic Range Database. :shake:

2. McLover

McLover Senior Member

UK Rock with Micro-Dynamics, The Searchers on Pye. Prime example. Bob Auger was really one of the finest engineers in the UK.

3. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, I know this annoys some people... just looking for help identifying the 80s CD Steve mentions from the 2000 CD. Is it the orange cover?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.