Gee, those Audio Fidelity CDs vanish quickly!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by FrontalLobe, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

My copy is an unnumbered AF - that is, I couldn't find a number anywhere. Maybe only those with a subscription got a numbered one, mine was bought used from a member who got it from AF; he didn't like the music, that's why he sold it.

[edit]

Oops, just found the number (1560) on the slipcase, which I had removed...

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I love when this happens !!! :cheers: When I joined here 2 years ago, I was very impressed with Steve's saying how he wanted his work to be accessible to everyone, and NOT priced out of reach. Damn decent attitude, I respect that.

3. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Mine's got a number sticker on it. Can't remember exactly, but it's an unusually low number, too, considering it was my fourth copy and was purchased at b&n.com (I had to return all three prior CDs to Amazon 'cause they each had a "rippling" in the faux gold surface on the label side).

4. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

Why is there a limit to the numbers? Dont they want to sell as many as they can?

5. wildchild

wildchild Active Member

Yea, I've seen that happen before there but dont waste your time ordering from them like I did for CSN. I finally ordered from AF and got it the same week after 2 months waiting on Zia! :realmad:

6. Myke

Licensing agreement.

7. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I recently lost my copy of Alice Cooper's "Love it to Death" while redoing part of the house (I'd moved my collection).

Although it should turn up eventually, I bought another copy just in case....and will leave it unopened for a year, hoping that I find my original copy by then.

8. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Slightly overdramatic.

9. Myke

32,069 members, some buy multiples...

10. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

11. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Things must have changed over the past few years; I remember the hype about 'better buy your copy of AF's Pet Sounds yesterday or they will be all gone' and they were available months and months later.

12. 75% who haven't posted or have probably forgotten that they even joined the website.

13. Much less "over dramatic" than your response. :laugh:

14. Myke

25% = 8,017. :shrug:

15. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

Of which how many are going to be into Dio?

16. Myke

Dio sold out ?

17. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Of which how many are Subscribers that will get the Dio automatically whether they like them or not? It's not a stretch that a significant number of the 5K would be in members hands.

18. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Sorry I find it hard to believe that no one else in the world could get a certain title because it was sold out to forum members.

19. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Perhaps you should re-read the posts. Nobody said ALL of them were sold to members...but if even half were sold to members either automatically as a subscriber that would put the total available worldwide at 2500...thats not many.

20. Myke

Bet you believe in things other's would roll their eyes at. Anything's possible.

21. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Perhaps you should reread Post #33 where I quote such a member.

22. Myke

Let's argue about the weather.:laugh:

23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Do we know how many subscribers there are? It is not a full house as the AF site seems to be still accepting new people should they want to join. Members posted that they were cancelling due to cost and late arrival of discs in the early days.

I will never fear that I will not get the disc I choose to buy because of the demand. Preordering has yet to fail.

24. Pureprairie1972

Pureprairie1972 New Member

I believe you're right about that although I think the 2 AF Doors titles were pushed up to 7,500 but that's an exception due to the band's continued big popularity.

25. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

They start with 5000 and work backwards;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.