Dave Davies - Kinks - BBC Documentary

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Theadmans, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theadmans

Theadmans Senior Member Thread Starter

Did anyone else catch the wonderful new documentary on Dave Davies "Kinkdom Come" on BBC4 last night. It was directed by Julian Temple and beautifully shot in and around Lynmouth on Exmoor. Lynmouth (the British Switzerland) is one of my favourite places in England and I visit often. This doc has wetted my appetite for my holiday at the Rock Hotel Lynmouth next month!

http://www.visitlynton.co.uk/node/64

It was quite a night for Kink fans on the BBC last night as well as the new Dave Davies doc there was the excellent "Imaginary Man" Ray Davies doc plus another programme with clips from the BBC archives. If you can access the BBC iPlayer you should be able to see the new doc there.

2. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

It was brilliant! those who call Dave 'looney' or 'barking' should see it but I doubt they will. a real treat for he eyes and ears. Julien Temple, Dave Davies- what's not to like?!
    And the Kinks at the BBC afterwards was great too. No 'Picture Book' from Julie Felix Show though! Shame!

3. zobalob

zobalob Senior Member

Very good indeed.

4. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

BBC 4, on Friday's, is just great.

5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

How can we , outside
    the United Kinkdom , see it ?

6. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

BBC America

7. gazebo

gazebo Active Member

The BBC are supposed to be trialling international access to the TV iplayer this year, but I haven't seen any details yet. It won't be free.

Unofficially if you set up a VPN so that iplayer thinks you're in the UK you can watch iplayer anywhere in the word. This costs too. Theres a product called Expat Shield which will do this for you at a price. If your link is to slow to watch in real time theres a download option in iplayer. Remember TV programs only stay up a week on iplayer.

Radio on iPlayer is freely available worldwide anyway, but at reduced bandwidths, typically 48kbps instead of 128kbps in the UK.

Edit. I've just noticed that higher bandwdth streams for live BBC radio programs are now available worldwide, details here

8. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Get a friend in the UK to set up a Slingbox with internet access also.

9. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

10. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

thanks ! ^^^^

11. JulesDassin

JulesDassin Forum Resident In Memoriam

Thanks for the youtube link ..I'm 10 minutes into watching this and the program is very interesting and well done.

12. JulesDassin

JulesDassin Forum Resident In Memoriam

Well I just finished watching all 6 parts on youtube and I'll I can say is that I appreciate Dave even more than I did before..this is a must see for all Kinks fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.